Sunday, January 9, 2011

Been a few days...

It has been a few days since I last posted. I have been busy with my schoolwork. Algebra is a tough subject for me, so this week back to school I have had to focus on that. However, I only have it for a few more weeks and then I will have more time. After this class is over I will be taking more Psychology classes and since those are relatively easy for me it will give me more time for other stuff.

I have actually been doing quite well this week. I weighed in yesterday and I have lost about 7 pounds. I am trying to keep both my breakfast and lunch meals meat free. Mostly fruits and vegetables, although I have had Bran cereal for a couple of breakfasts. The problem that I am having is that the fruits and vegetables make me extremely gassy, so that is a problem I have had to deal with this week. I am hoping that my body will adjust. For the time being I have been taking some gas relief pills, which seem to help some.

I have been keeping watermellon, bananas, grapes and other fruits in the house to munch on. As I stated when I first started this, I am not out to lose a bunch of weight all at once. Sure, that would be awesome, but it just isn't realistic and it wouldn't last. So I still have meat for dinner, but I am eating less at that meal than I used to. Also, I am drinking water all the time, just as I have for the last few years, but I am also drinking V8 juice plus fruit juices as well.

I can say that these foods have certainly gotten things "moving along". Which is good because that is a problem that I have battled for the last few years as well. So anything that can help me out with that certainly makes me feel a bit better.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I am still on this journey. I just had to take a little detour this week. Chances are that until I finish this Algebra class I probably won't find too much time to post, except maybe on Sundays because normally everything is done for the week ahead of time. This coming week, which starts tomorrow I will have a quiz that I will need to work on. With quizzes I am not able to get the extra help that I can get with other assignments so it makes for a very long week for me. I am hoping that the extra work I did this past week will come in handy and help me out a lot. That way I will have more time to focus on my blog.

Have a great week and I will post whenever I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment