Tuesday, January 4, 2011

End of Day 2

Today I started back to school so tonight has been busy. I had to get my homework done (algebra ick) and that took me quite a while. However, I made supper tonight and was pleasantly surprised when my fiance had some cucumbers with dip and a small glass of V8 juice with it. We have been together a long time and I have never seen him drink V8, so this was really nice.

We had the left over fried chicken from last night, along with potatoes and gravy again. This time I had half of a cucumber with dip with it instead of the other raw vegetables. I also realized that maybe I did not eat as much dip earlier today as I thought because this time I actually scooped out 2 tablespoons of the dip and it turns out to be quite a lot actually.

Anyway, my intake for today was:

Breakfast:                Calories                  Fat
6 oz yogurt                     80                     0
1 cup grapes                  110                   .3
1/2 orange                      35                   .2
1 banana                       105                   .4

Snack
8 oz. V8 juice                  60                    0

Lunch
Peppers                          80                    0
carrots                           70                    0
dip                                 70                   5.2

Dinner
Potatoes                       145                   7
Chicken                        150                   8
Dip                               120                  10
1/2 Cucumber                 20                    0
8 oz V8 Juice                   60                    0 
Totals                                  1090                          31.1

There is definetly the possibility that I got in a few more calories and fat grams, but even if that is true, either way you look at it I still came in below my levels, so I am happy with it. Oops, I had an apple for snack a couple hours after lunch. Still, I don't think that puts my numbers up a whole lot, do you?

Well, tomorrow is another day and at least before the day is over I will be able to go shopping and stock up on some healthy food. I am starting to really look forward to all of this. It seems that all I do is eat, yet the calorie and fat intake is really low. This gives me more room to indulge myself just a bit. Perhaps I can have a little more of this or a little more of that, we shall see. One thing I want to have some of is fruit juices. I do love them but you are always hearing about how bad the sugars in them can be for you, something I never really understood. If you get real fruit juice there should be no added sugar. And how can that juice be bad for you if the fruit itself is supposed to be good? Either way, I intend to pick some up tomorrow. I am a sucker for both orange and apple juice, and maybe I'll try some different kinds in order to give myself more options.

Have a great night, I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment